Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It is hot outside

Just wanting to let everyone know that I am still alive and kicking here. I have my new 9 1/2 foot table in place and have almost completed moving of my computer and jewelry making stuff on it. I figure on posting a picture in a few days or so. I think it looks good so far but....

I tried my hand at a demonstration video and I know I will have to do that again since the background music is too loud and not enough light. Hopefully I will not need to hire a crew from HBO or something.

There is also a plan in the works to come up with a contest for a free necklace. I do not have all the details yet but it may involve another blog. As soon as I get that worked out, I will let you know.

My question for this post is:
How is the summer treating you so far? Any good vacations or heat inspired art creations??


For me, summertime in Phoenix means you go out in the morning or late evening and stay indoors during the day. AC RULES (aaaaaaahhhhh). 

I have not completed very much except my past jewelry classes but I am almost finished with my remodeled workspace. I also need to take some more time and post more items to my Etsy account.

John

4 comments:

  1. Well, John, as you've already stated, the summer is hot (especially in these parts)! I am looking forward to taking a leisurely stroll outside when the weather turns cooler (I really want to get back to the farmer's market). No creations here lately, and no gardening just yet...but before the summer is up, I plan to have started at least a little something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must feel good to get some sun. It is cold and rainy here and today, the sun actually seems to sneak out for a bit - but still long sleeves required.
    Summer has not been too kind for me - a lot of trouble going on family wise, but I hope there is an end (positive of course) coming up soon. Curious re. your contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly where you are, since I am in the process of kitting out my studio and tomorrow I open up my wax casting kit. Have a cooler night!!! I know here in Tennessee it has been hot as the devil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your new space and new things! I know what you mean about the video. Hard to get used to making one of those. Can't wait to see that video, too!

    This summer? It's been great - very fast. No spectacular vacations but lots of road time logged. I'm ready for cooler weather. This has been the hottest summer on record for Atlanta. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete